A highly interactive and experiential 2-day programme designed to empower individuals with the essential skills of professional and career development and leadership. Leading others starts with leading self – a developed sense of who you are, what you can do and where you’re going, coupled with the ability to influence your emotions, behaviour and communication on the way to getting there. Leading self means taking accountability for your work and life; a willingness to own the results of your choices and actions, leading your career!
WHAT YOU WILL EARN, LEARN AND GAIN?
In this immersive and powerful development programme we help you discover the leader within – bringing out the best in you so you can bring out the best in others. Students will develop their emotional intelligence, improve their ‘adult’ communication style and learn how being assertive can create more win/win outcomes. Mapping out personal stories, writing mission statements and identifying unique abilities will enable individuals to clarify their purpose, set a vision and act according to their values. Combing theory, facilitated discussion and skillful goal-setting, we raise self-awareness, build self-confidence and teach practical skills of self-management to drive effective personal leadership.
- What emotional intelligence is and how to manage emotions in order to create positive states
- Assertive model and the ‘I’m Ok, You’re Ok’ mindset to create more win/win outcomes
- Personal values and how they act as behavioural drivers
- How the structure and functions of the brain determine how we should communicate to inspire others to act
- The importance of starting with ‘why’
- Value of creating compelling goals
- Unique abilities and a personal USP
- Uncovering personal stories to understand why you do, what you do and where you want to go
- How to motivate self and others
- What individuals will start, stop and continue to do
2 DAYS COURSE